Tuesday 6 April 2010

World Cup Jerseys:Diego Maradona now in charge of the team

I'm giving this 10 out of 10. Not just because the dark blue contrasts nicely with the white trim, but because this kit is a very clear nod to the Argentina away shirt of the 1986 World Cup Jerseys. Don't believe me
 
With Diego Maradona now in charge of the team, and Leo Messi doing Maradona-esque things with the ball, I see this away shirt as both homage to the past and optimism that the current team can maybe match that World Cup winning team of 1986 in FIFA history
 
There's a separate panel on the shoulders to accommodate the adidas three stripes, and that panel interrupts the flow if you ask me. Couldn't adidas have gotten their striped in  there without ruining the more important albiceleste stripes
 
I've always been a big fan of Argentina's albiceleste stripes. It's one of the iconic football images, even more so since so few teams wear a similar style. So this jersey is off to a good start. What I'm not entirely happy with is the way the stripes are interrupted. So I'm not 100% sold on this version, but it's still a classic design, and will likely look good when matched with black shorts and the black socks
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment